AFN Named to Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s SDCE 100 Top Supply Chain Projects for 2018
AFN is honored to announce that we have been selected by Supply & Demand Chain Executive for the SDCE 100 Top Supply Chain Projects award for a sixth year. AFN was recognized for our work to develop a strategic partnership with our client and implement a holistic transportation solution that continues to drive visibility, efficiencies, scalability, standardization and reduced costs. Our recognition as an SDCE 100 Top Supply Chain Projects follows AFN’s recent recognition as one of Food Logistics’ Top Green Providers.
AFN’s client looked to build on its 50-year legacy with new, scalable growth, which presented a variety of opportunities and challenges, particularly those related to its approach to transportation and logistics. Prior to our work, the client was operating in a data-poor environment with little to no shipment visibility due to its lack of a Transportation Management System (TMS) and decentralized operations environment. To help improve our client’s supply chain, our team proposed a holistic, Managed Transportation Services solution.
This solution included:
- Implementation a TMS to drive visibility, scalability, and data reporting
- Standardization of transportation processes across all facilities to create efficiencies, streamline processes, and reduce costs
- Deployment of a dedicated support team to manage change for continuous improvement and growth.
Once AFN’s Managed Transportation solution was in place, our client realized immediate savings through the following:
- Active carrier management through the new TMS provided the data necessary for determining which carriers to retain and which to remove, ensuring the optimal balance of cost and service.
- Data capture and analysis allowed the client to adjust shipment pricing on a per-customer basis depending on service levels desired by their customers.
- Identification of consistent, predictable lanes where a lower-cost, lower transit time carrier could be utilized made it possible to optimize the client’s freight shipping between branches.
- Shipment visibility increased and the AFN team identified other supply chain challenges, previously unbeknownst to the client. Our team implemented processes to solve these challenges and create efficiencies in the client’s supply chain.
Ultimately, the AFN team reduced the client’s overall transportation costs by approximately 15%. Our client continues to see savings and benefits as we continue to identify and collaborate on solving other supply chain challenges.AFN named to @SDCExec 100 Top Supply Chain Projects for a sixth year! Click To Tweet
For more information on our award-winning supply chain solutions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.